Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Phil Collins - "Both Sides"

Several years ago someone who was very special to me gave me this CD. It is not the best CD but I have sentimental value attached to it.

I think it was intended to be some kind of concept album as the title track speaks of urban decay and problems on the streets. The rest of the album, however, focuses on Collins' usual love songs and relationship ideals. It is uncertain if the concept is about two sides to relationships or what, but the concept is vague and does not come through.

That being said the album is focused pop music with hooks and is pleasing to the ears if not super memorable. I just looked on Amazon and it seems the album has been relegated to download only and is not being printed as a physical copy anymore. I'm going to hold on to my copy for my sentimental reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment