Friday, August 12, 2011

Ghostbusters Original Soundtrack Album

Ghostbusters of my favorite movie. I love everything involving the Ghostbusters, The Real Ghostbusters is also my favorite cartoon. Ghostbusters video game is crazy awesome.

Anyway one Halloween my grandmother gave me this soundtrack album to the original film as a present. Basically this is straight 1980s pop (Air Supply appears on the album) but like most soundtrack albums outside of the movie the music is not all that great. With the exception of the awesome Ray Parker Jr. title track (which I don't think sounds like "I Want a New Drug" by Huey Lewis), The Bus Boys' "Cleaning up the Town" and the two orchestra tracks by the great Elmer Bernstein the rest of the album is largely forgettable and is best when viewed as part of the movie. I am glad I own this because it makes me think of my wonderful Grandma, I used to watch the movie with her all the time. Thanks for the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment