Sunday, June 26, 2011

Footloose Original Soundtrack

Ok when I was younger, like in seventh or eighth grade, I really liked the movie Footloose. It was being rerun quite often on HBO and I caught it once and just really enjoyed it. I would watch it whenever I would stumble across it on the TV. I think I connected with the outcast feeling that Kevin Bacon's character felt, I also really liked the idea of dance being his only release or passion.

I may get crap for saying this, but I think the 1980s were a cool period in time. So I liked the music in the film, with catchy 80s pop like "Holding Out for a Hero," "Let's Hear it for the Boy," "Almost Paradise" and the title track (another of Kenny Loggins' hit 80s theme songs) it makes me feel good and a part of me wants to dance when I hear this album.
I also enjoyed the movie more when I discovered Dean Pitchford, who is from my hometown of Honolulu, wrote the screenplay and composed all the music. Kind of inspirational for me, if this guy can do it so can feeling that I needed back in middle school. I can be a writer as well. Overall this is a a nice time capsule to the 1980s and it is definitely dated, but it also makes the listener feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment