Friday, August 13, 2010

Blindsight - "Gift Horse"

Sorry I don't have an image for this one. This CD was made in 2000 by a guy that I knew in high school. We acted in a play together, we weren't really friends (he was kind of moody) and he was four years older than me, but none the less I bought his band's CD. I thought it was cool to know someone who recorded an actual professional looking and sounding CD, the album is independent of any label but is still very well packaged. He was selling them out of his backpack for $10, so I got one. It is not a bad album, the ten tracks are all originals and the four band members are good players. The music is I guess the best described as watered down heavy metal. I only sort of knew this at the time but the guy and apparently his band were/are very religious Christians. So their album is sort of like Jesus rock; while there are no overt messages about becoming Christian, all the songs have very religious connotations if you listen and sometimes even if you don't. According to Amazon it seems like the band made only one more album but who knows they might be really famous in certain circles or they might have given up on music. I don't really know all I know is I have their first album. I only listened to it a couple of times and I never play it anymore, but it does bring back some memories of my Freshman year of high school. Memories I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment