Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Beatles "1967-1970"

This compilation I believe was the very first Beatles music I ever owned. I think I got it at Costco but I don't really remember. Anyway this is a double CD compilation of the later years of the Beatles career. Even though I have bought individual albums there is still tracks on here that justify keeping it. There are a number of songs that appear here that do not appear on other Beatles compilations, simply because most Beatles compilations are singles compilations and not all their albums contained singles. Songs from Sgt. Pepper and The White Album are both skipped over on other compilations because those albums contained no singles. Also the version of the song "Revolution" presented here is the finished studio version which does not appear on The White Album (it is a rehearsal take on the White Album).
There is a booklet that contains some photographs but is mainly song lyrics. This along with its companion album "The Bealtes/1962-1966" are perfect for the listener who would like a thorough overview of the band's work but does not want to invest in individual albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment