Thursday, April 29, 2010

Back to the Future Soundtrack

I'm not really sure why I bought this Soundtrack album. I remember I bought it in a giant mall near Spokane, Washington in this neat futuristic looking music store. The Back to the Future trilogy was my favorite film series when I was younger, its still one of my favorite movie series, but I used to watch all three movies at least once a month. Maybe more. I know I bought the album because I really like the song "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News. At the time I bought this soundtrack Huey and the News had not put out a decent hits compilation (they have since then), so those are probably the reasons why I bought this CD.

This soundtrack is ok. Aside from "The Power of Love" there is the excellent Huey Lewis song "Back in Time" which was also only available on this soundtrack until recently. There is one song apiece by Lindsey Buckingham and Eric Clapton, both of which are decent but not really memorable. There are the excerpts from Alan Silvestri's excellent score but they only take two tracks on the album. Overall like most soundtrack albums this is not really great without the film to go with it. This is an inessential addition to anyones music collection since the two best songs are now available on Huey Lewis and the News' compilation "Greatest Hits." But Back to the Future Fanatics will probably already own this.

1 comment:

  1. "There are the excerpts from Alan Silvestri's excellent score but they only take two tracks on the album."

    And ever since this, you no longer have to settle for the song album:

    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6315/.f

    ReplyDelete